Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out from coaching the kid's b-ball and found my windshield cracked. Very odd as the cracks are in a circle. Sized like a baskeball. I think someone kicked a soccer ball and it must have hit it?? I dunno.

I have a $100 deductible so I'll go ahead and have it fixed. Who makes a good OEM quality windshield? I have to call a 1800 number and I have a choice of various places.

I know PPG is decent but I looked at my windshield and it was some oddball foreign company name on it. I doubt I'll get the exact same company's glass so....

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Bummer!
There have been issues with some types of glass. Doa search on both forums, you should get some good info.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Go to search, advanced search, type in windshield, and select search titles. I found half a dozen on this forum.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The only thing you need is an acoustic windshield like meantioned earlier. That's the oem one or close enough to it.

·
Flying the Pontiac Flag
554 Posts
No one could locally source a Saint Gobain-Sekurit (OEM) in my area so I went with a PGW (used to be PPG before they spun off the glass business). It's worked well for me and is an acoustic windshield as others above have noted. (PGW calls it "Soundmaster" and it's marked on the windshield)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I’m sorry to read about your windshield, Jeff92se. I hope things will go smoothly with the install.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
2009 G8 GT TVS 1900 FTW!
290 Posts
im calling safelite today.. ill post up here the pricing etc.

I have 2 chips and a massive crack stemming from a 3rd chip.. so my windshield is toast!!

Rich, how much was yours??

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Check with your insurance company, glass coverage is required in my state (free glass replacement/repair).

I had safelite replace mine twice so far....pay $25 and have them come to you, do not take it to their facility. The mobile guys have more experience IMO.

·
2009 G8 GT TVS 1900 FTW!
290 Posts
Scheduled the install for my windshield.
Safelite has PGW and Pilkington.. PGW was $50 cheaper.
$398.80 out the door installed.

·
Flying the Pontiac Flag
554 Posts
Troy - I'll check the receipt but that sounds about right for what I paid for a PGW.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
400 installed? Is that the rate without insurance? That is bad at all. I'd expect 600+. Hell, my deductible is 300....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts