Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this rubber piece called (or even better a part number) and where can I get new ones? As you can see, mine are starting to crumble apart on both sides.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
They're called windshield reveal moldings. Would try various General Motors online parts resale websites and eBay. 92212085 (right) 92212084 (left). Surprisingly, the price is reasonable i.e. both for around $30. Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
RockAuto has them for ~$13. Don't forget to use the 5% off coupon. Also be careful as excessive bending can break them in half.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
How hard are they to R&R? Mine are nasty also.

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
If memory stands correct, slide the old out and the new in place.

·
Registered
76 Posts
moldings

What is this rubber piece called (or even better a part number) and where can I get new ones? As you can see, mine are starting to crumble apart on both sides.
Removal is simple - start at the bottom by gently prying out and just slide out. reverse process for replacement - top in and press in the rest. The bottom has the locking tab. Takes about 3 minutes total. I'd buy the OEM units - others may not be same material. Just my opinion.

grandpop09

·
Registered
262 Posts
I did this a few weeks ago and one of the sides arrived broken. It's a rubber piece ovemolded onto a plastic spine that isn't too strong. They sent me a new one, on problems. Was one of the GM internet parts places.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts