Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was waxing my car on Saturday, I saw the windshield trim along the A-pillar is coming apart on both sides. I finally took a pic of it today. The one I posted is the worst. It looks like it's coming apart in small pieces. Wonder how much it costs to get them replaced? This is the first wear and tear issue I've had with the car. But I've never experienced this particular problem with any vehicle I have ever owned.

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Correct when I bought my car I replaced those w/ lower window trims too. The windshield pieces were around 20

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hello MRM,

I am sorry to see the windshield trim coming apart on your vehicle. I understand you are seeking thoughts and opinions from other forum members, but if you would like to further discuss your situation or have any questions, please feel free to send us a private message.

Laura M.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have the same issue, annnnd all the window trim on mine has cracked and fell apart

·
Registered
328 Posts
It just slides out. Just start at the top. You may want to use a screwdriver to move it a bit. You can then give it a tug but it should slide out easily.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
I've instructions on this. It's pretty easy. They were posted either here or the other board.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine are falling apart also. Did you buy just the reveal molding for each side? The parts site I was looking at had both the molding and the molding retainer. Did you need the retainer also?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I haven't put them on yet,but I got a new pair of moldings for just over 20 bucks or so. Mine are in bad shape. My lower window moldings are shot too. I'm buying them before too long also.

I'm more worried about the windshield appearing to delaminate.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called my dealer yesterday and they can order them for a few dollars more than online. I will get them sooner and about the same price by the time I add in shipping. I will have them Tuesday.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Mine are falling apart also. Did you buy just the reveal molding for each side? The parts site I was looking at had both the molding and the molding retainer. Did you need the retainer also?

When I did mine I just pulled out the old molding and in with the new. Took about 2 minutes a side.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
213 Posts
Can anyone give us the parts numbers so we can order them online. Mine also needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just ordered a pair from the dealer, they were like $17 each

·
Registered
49 Posts
92212084 Driver side windshield side reveal molding

92212085 Passenger side windshield side reveal molding

I just had to have my windshield replaced, and there's a couple of plastic tabs that hold them in. It looked fairly simple to remove.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
24 Participants
mlburk
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing