Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
No need to replace retainer that these fit into. Just get the molding itself.

Literally a cave man can do this job. Unclip, slide out, slide new one in.

·
Registered
270 Posts
mine did the same thing order from the dealer

·
Registered
64 Posts
Did anybody else have this happen to their door window molding? Basically the thin molding that sits against the bottom of the window glass at the sill. Mine literally just flakes off.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing SalmonTex. Its from scraping the ice and snow off our cars. I want to replace them but don't want the same problem in another 2 years of our winters. The one's around the front windshield are easy to pull off i'm going to get a set and just put the old ones back on in the winter.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
I hate to bump an old thread, but as I am going through things to fix on a 10 year old car, my reveal mouldings are brittle and nasty looking. So I see them both at Pace and a little cheaper at Flow.

My question is, the reveal mouldings are the parts listed (92212084 & 2085). But there is also a "Reveal Moulding Retainer" listed (parts 92161933 & 92161934), do these also need to be purchased?

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Have replaced both reveal moldings twice and never exchanged the retainer. Most recently was around the end of last and paid slightly over $23 for both on eBay.

·
Pontiac Crazy
397 Posts
Thank you for reminding me, I needed to order these for my car. Came out to just over $27 on ebay for both with a 10% off coupon that was in my inbox.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I don't know, they just send them to me every once in a while
Duly noted captain and maybe they'll throw some additional savings this way as well. Appreciate the quick reply.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Thanks. Wasn't sure if that retainer was a necessity.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Ordered them from Fleabay. The price was a little higher, but free shipping still came out ahead... Was going to order from Flow (GMPartsDirect) as they were dirt cheap, but then they tack on shipping which was nearly as much as the mouldings, so yea, NOT! I did try to see if there was anything else I needed, but nothing flashed up that grabbed my attention.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Stop patronizing GM Parts Direct a long time ago after a debacle regarding a set of G8 floor mats. There are many other parts resellers with better prices (shipping), return polices (at the time) and customer service.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
In this case, they were actually cheaper than Pace and a couple others. Not by big dollar amounts as you're talking a $10 - $15 part, but still...

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
So, they came this past week, went to put them on Saturday, and found one of them is freaking broken...

Not sure if I really want to deal with calling Quirk in Massachusetts over how cheap these are, and just order another one.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
24 Participants
mlburk
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing