Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the strip yesterday for Wed Nite Drags with my Friend JRODSG8 who has been a member/lurker here for a year. It was his first time ever at the strip with his pumpkin G8 GT. He has Livernois Stage 1 Cam with a DOD delete, and a 3200 stall with a custom dyno tune. He pulled down a best time of [email protected] and a couple 2.0 60fts. Not bad for street tires and a first timer.

On one pass he almost ate the wall but hey, if you aren't close to wrecking your car you aren't trying hard enoug :slap:

Now on to my adventure at the track. DAs started at 1250 and got down to 500 by the end of the night. I made 10 passes in less than 5 hours and my car was super heat soaked. Trans was cooked but I couldn't stop as I wanted the seat time. I ran 12.0X consecutive passes until my last two runs of bracket racing when my beat on and heat soaked car pulled off my first ever night of bracket racing win, and a couple 11.9s. What a feeling to win brackets AND get a PB in the process while breaking into a new milestone time. It is a story of the tiny DOD cam that could. Mad props to Pat G!

The PB setting, and bracket winning pass! Hookin' and Bookin'!

The winners circle feels awesome. I a won a fancy mug to fill with beer and the coveted Street Legal Drags Winner sticker for the car.

another pass against against JRODSG8. DA was 1200ft and I was still getting 12.0Xs. I gotta let this car cool down one day between passes.

The Yeti is impossibly consistent now. 16 0f my last 18 passes have been 12.0X or better with DA's between 500-1300FT

There is something gratifying about running down a C6 Vette :)

Sounds Nasty...

To put some of my times into perspective here are what some of the other cars were running out there...

2008 Charger SRT8 13.6s
2012 392 SRT challenger 13.2s
2008 Bone Stock G8 GT 14.0
Supercharged 2011 5.0 11.4
Procharged A4 LS2 GTO 12.4

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RIGHT ON!!!!!

Thats Bad Ass! Congrats on the win and PB. Cant wait to feel that launch! It really looks like it absolutely tears out of the hole!!
It feels great. The whole 1/8 mile from the very beginning feels outstanding.

I'm weighing what to do next with the car. I think my little baby cam just doesn't have enough umph to push this car through the top end with my heads and stall. It is a great cam for a daily driver and a stock stalled car though, and if I swap it I will make sure it finds a happy home.

I'm also thinking about a little nitrous setup with a small shot. That way I don't have to worry about passing smog if I go with a more aggressive cam setup. The nitrous will give me all the flexibility I need to go a little bit faster. It just feels good to say "all motor" though doesn't it lol.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
It feels great. The whole 1/8 mile from the very beginning feels outstanding.

I'm weighing what to do next with the car. I think my little baby cam just doesn't have enough umph to push this car through the top end with my heads and stall. It is a great cam for a daily driver and a stock stalled car though, and if I swap it I will make sure it finds a happy home.

I'm also thinking about a little nitrous setup with a small shot. That way I don't have to worry about passing smog if I go with a more aggressive cam setup. The nitrous will give me all the flexibility I need to go a little bit faster. It just feels good to say "all motor" though doesn't it lol.
yea it just something about knowing that its just raw NA V8 power on pump gas powering the big girls down the track!

Was meaning to ask you if you were running a tranny cooler with your setup? ive got this B&M cooler that Im throwing on with my PI 2400 triple disk this weekend. it was only like $70 shipped from summit racing...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Awesome times an congrats on the PB! How do you like the dod cam? I know most people delete it. I would like to keep dod for mpgs, but have some cam action!

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Congrats!! Nice times!

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea it just something about knowing that its just raw NA V8 power on pump gas powering the big girls down the track!

Was meaning to ask you if you were running a tranny cooler with your setup? ive got this B&M cooler that Im throwing on with my PI 2400 triple disk this weekend. it was only like $70 shipped from summit racing...

I do have a trans cooler. But like a jack ass it has been sitting on my man room floor instead of my car. I'm going to install her before I hit the track again.

Awesome times an congrats on the PB! How do you like the dod cam? I know most people delete it. I would like to keep dod for mpgs, but have some cam action!
I love my DOD cam. She was spec'ed to work flawlessly with the stock stall and she worked great. Pulled 1.8X 60fts on street tires with the stock stall and that cam. Ran 12.1s all day long, and even with 3.27 gears could get 26mpg highway. If I had 2.92s I'm sure it would be 28mpg no prob.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Seeing the way it works for you is making me want to go that way. Always hear horror stories about the dod lifters, so camming with them seemed pushing it...Your car has changed my mind though!

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seeing the way it works for you is making me want to go that way. Always hear horror stories about the dod lifters, so camming with them seemed pushing it...Your car has changed my mind though!
All lifters can fail. There are a bunch of members who have head their LS7 Lifters fail. One guy had an LS7 Lifter fail on two separate occasions and in the process eating two cam shafts.

The updated DOD lifters are a big upgrade over the original dod lifters, and their are guys like Rick Crawford who uses them with out issue and pushes them waaaaaayyyyyy past what I have. My dod setup is super forgiving and mild, but because it is spec'ed to my setup I can get the most out of it super easily. I loved this cam with the stock stall. If I didn't have to worry about the most aggressive and strict smog laws in the nation here in Cali I would have went with a more aggressive DOD cam. Pat G hooked it up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Double win last night. New PB and bracket gold. What a great evening. Congrats!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts