Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving Thursday night with major rain, I was trying to pass an 18 wheeler for about 10 or 15 seconds in the passing lane.I could not see the lane. I had to slow down & follow the truck. I had to pass on the right hand side which I never do. I think either my wipers are shot or i am blind. Today i cleaned my wipers & used Rain X on my windshield. Will see if this makes a big difference. This was at night time but I had noticed foggy streaks on my windshield.
Maybe my wipers are shot will see if this happens again. I noticed other drivers were not driving in the proper lanes, but noticed some drivers passing the 18 wheeler in the left lane, maybe they had the same problem.
I have never had an issue like this before after driving for 38 years.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have used rain-x on all my cars it make a huge difference the water just beads off the windshield.i also use the rain-x windshield washer fluid in the washer bottle.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have rain x latitude on my GT & trico on my V6 noticed i am in the GT forum not the V6. Regardless I will see what happens after cleaning the wipers & putting rain X on the windshield.

·
Registered
248 Posts
On a semi-related note...the G8 OEM windshield wipers are the same across all trims (Base, GT, GXP), correct? I am probably going to have to replace mine soon and just wanted to make sure I didn't have to differentiate. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a semi-related note...the G8 OEM windshield wipers are the same across all trims (Base, GT, GXP), correct? I am probably going to have to replace mine soon and just wanted to make sure I didn't have to differentiate. Thanks.
Correct they are all the same. I found 24 & 16 the easiest combination as the the original sizing seems hard to find.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I noticed that using rain x causes the wipers to deteriorate much faster. Now whenever I do use it I try not to use the wipers unless necessary. Then I clean them with alcohol pads

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not used this enough to notice, but my wipers are over a year old & may need replacing anyways.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I just put a new set of the updated Veleo's from Rock Auto. They have the 26's and 15's.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have a relatively new windshield and the wiper performance picked up big time w the new glass. I ordered Denso wipers for the trip to G8 Extravaganza and they were the best replacement set that I have ever put on. I have not tried them in a deluge but regular precip was no prob.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have always used OEM blades.you can find them on ebay or about $20 a set with free shipping

·
Registered
781 Posts
Not on the G8, but on my daughter's Beetle, I just replaced the wipers, and chose regular ol' Trico OEM blades. MUCH better than all the fancy $20 ones. Maybe the manufacturer knows something about it...

And RAIN-X FTW!!!!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I have tried all of the major brands and the only one that seems to work for me are the ac Delco.
I bought AC delco from RockAuto and I'll have to agree. All the other brands were okay when new but at some point started to chatter. So far, I have at least 6-9 months on these and no chatter

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I bought AC delco from RockAuto and I'll have to agree. All the other brands were okay when new but at some point started to chatter. So far, I have at least 6-9 months on these and no chatter
OEM blades are made by Valeo and they have been redesigned at some point. They're used on the Chevy SS and Caprice and they're cheap too (~$13 list price and ~$8 online).

P/Ns 92219233 and 92219234.

Some info.: http://www.g8board.com/forums/4-tech-lounge/233034-wiper-blade-issues-again-what-currently-works.html

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I have been happy with the 26" and 16" Michelin blades I get from Costco. The 16" passenger side blade reduces the un-wiped gap between the blades on the bottom

·
Registered
702 Posts
OEM blades are made by Valeo and they have been redesigned at some point. They're used on the Chevy SS and Caprice and they're cheap too (~$13 list price and ~$8 online).

Some info.: http://www.g8board.com/forums/4-tech-lounge/233034-wiper-blade-issues-again-what-currently-works.html
I just bought a set of the updated Veleo's from Rock and quite frankly, they suk. I'm glad I kept the Trico Force blades I took off. I just cleaned the blade and put them back on.

·
Premium Member
4,664 Posts
Have tried both AC Delco brand blades (Valeo) and currently am on a set of Napa (Trico) blades. Trico makes a wide array of beam-styled wiper blades and am unsure which line was purchased, but so far, so good. Periodically, I take a cotton ball with alcohol and run it along the edge of the blades to remove some of the accumulated dirt or debris. Haven't used Rain-X in years, but make sure you don't over-apply it or the wiper blades might chatter and skip.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I have been happy with the 26" and 16" Michelin blades I get from Costco. The 16" passenger side blade reduces the un-wiped gap between the blades on the bottom
I have looked at those but i do not see I & L pinch tab on those.
Looked at these again looks like they do have the pinch tab. I ended up buying the Trico tech blades.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
aquapel

The dealer when I bought new had treated the windshield with aquapel telling me it was much better than rain-x. I have refreshed the treatment only once, and have replaced the wipers with OEM twice. And, I agree with the dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts

Does anyone know if the revised part has a different P/N? I found the OEM wipers on Ebay, but i want to make sure they're the revised ones.
I asked the seller days ago, but no response yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts