61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Bump...

I know it's still early but will be shopping for a winter wheel and tire combo soon enough!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Any Idea when a GXP option (19") will be up for Winter tires?

Now that the weather is getting cold I am shopping....

Tirerack currently has 3 options.

·
Supporting Vendor
730 Posts
Thanks for the Bump and thanks for the question GXPCatz, we are still receiving Winter tire inventory. Hopefully we will have some 19" winter tire options up for you soon. If you don't see anything on our site by the time you are ready to make your purchase please give us a call. We would love to earn your business and our sales staff may be able put something together for you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just wondering if a bfgoodrich 235 50 r18 all season tire will work on a GT with stock 18" rims. I need some new tires and have a good deal on these.

·
Supporting Vendor
730 Posts
^
Yes it will. The 235/50-18 Goodyear Eagle GT has the correct load index and speed rating for your G8. The 235/50-18 size is approved for your factory 8" wide wheels and assuming stock suspension (or moderate drop) will work without rubbing.

-Matt

·
Registered
309 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead. What current 18" wheel and tire packages do you have? I placed a call to my local DTD and asked for a quote on some Drag DR-37 rims in Matte Black with winter tires. They hope to get back to me tomorrow.

Do you have any thoughts or options?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am running BFG 235 50 18 s on my stock 18" wheels because I got a good deal on the tires. It came with good year 245 45 18 s on it from the factory. I purchased a 2010 Camaro GM 18" Heritage steel black wheel for a spare. These could be used for winter wheels, kind of pricy though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Since this was already brought back from the dead... I am also interested in a winter wheel & tire package, what do you have available? My priorities are price, winter performance, then appearance, for a 2009 G8 GT.

·
Supporting Vendor
730 Posts
Since this was already brought back from the dead... I am also interested in a winter wheel & tire package, what do you have available? My priorities are price, winter performance, then appearance, for a 2009 G8 GT.
We are still wainting on some of our winter stock but as always we do mount and balance all wheel and tire combinations for FREE. Give us a call at 1.888.459.4080 and anyone of our agents would be happy to run over your options and help select the best combination for your needs.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts
About this Discussion
73 Replies
29 Participants
CMD
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing