Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will 26" & 16" wiper blades be a problem. I had a problem before with the passenger blade being to big rubbing up against the other blade. It has been so long since i had a 16" blade but cannot remember the size i had in the past, If it was 16" or bigger.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Much of it depends where the adapter is placed on the blade. At least one member has used one without any issue. Will try to locate the thread. Prefer similar or identical sized blades for both wiper arms. In my extremely humble opinion, a 26 paired with a 15/16 wiper blade always looked odd.

Reactions: Ramblerman

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It might be fine but looking at the passenger side not sure if 16" will be a problem sitting outside the windshield.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay Will stick with 26 & 16 i know in the past i had a problem. Maybe it was a 17" blade.15" blades here are a problem 16" is not.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess i forgot about the proper search. It has been a pretty crappy year.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I bought a 16" wiper and put it on today. It slight touches the windshield seal on the outer edge. I might trim it back a touch

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Better to bend the arm a bit than cut the blade to keep it away from the edge. It also narrows the gap between the blade when parked. You also want the pivot at the arm to be
Not at its limit. Pressure across the blade will be more even. I’ve used the 26/16 combo for years

·
every village has one
2,364 Posts
I guess i forgot about the proper search. It has been a pretty crappy year.
Pretty crappy? Ya think so?
Come to Michigan........

Reactions: Ramblerman

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've had no problems getting the proper wiper blades, other than having to order them. I think I found a right side blade one time in a parts store back around 2012. Since I have three G8's, I keep a couple sets on hand all the time.

·
every village has one
2,364 Posts
Both blades are still available through GM dealers. If you know your parts guy, they’re more than reasonable.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After 6 months the 26" blade was interferring with the 16" blade. I finally bought a 24" blade. Not sure why after all of these years it is a problem. The 26" blade hits the 16" blade I replaced it as i do not want to wreck my wiper motor. The 26" blade was bending after hitting the 16" blade.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Anecdotally, a problem could arise if the wiper arm adapter is placed by manufacturer's in different spots on the blade essentially "moving" it to the left or right.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They are rain X latitude.I have them put on correctly.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
In other words, does every manufacturer place the blade adapter in the exact spot on a 26" wiper blade or any blade size for that matter?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
It should be but after 9 years it is an issue. Some have said bend the arm of the the wiper metal, but i do not want to do that.My wiper was bending like crazy touching the 16" blade i thought something is going to brake.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I’ve had 26”/16” set up on both of my car and never had them touch. Maybe your touch because the are bent the wrong way? Here is mine at park. Close but never touch. Rained this morning.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They started to touch after 6 months for some reason.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
If they didn’t touch in the beginning, then touched later on. The arms got bent. Make them look like mine and you will be back to what it should be. Think of it as needing an alignment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts