Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Does not have a G8
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of these two cars, which is a better deal? I cant decide if having less miles is more valuable than having the sports package. Both cars are pretty much the same price.

Lower miles, non sport package
Link

More miles, with sport package
Link

·
Registered
783 Posts
The 1st one.
Non Sports package.

Sports package is:
19" wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A summer tires
Sports steering wheel
Sports pedals

·
Flying the Pontiac Flag
554 Posts
The 1st one.
Non Sports package.

Sports package is:
19" wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A summer tires
Sports steering wheel
Sports pedals
I'm shocked at that choice coming from a guy who has G8 w/o the Sport Package!! :) Just kidding...

To the OP, I'd go for the lower mileage car all other things being equal. You can always pick up a set of 19s on the board if you like the look. The rest of the package is negligible.

·
Registered
707 Posts
+1 Pick up the GT with fewer mileage
I picked up a set of 19"sport wheels with less than 600miles on the tires for $800 or go with a used set of camaro ss. So I use my 18"s for winter set and my 19"s for summer. And if your thinking about the difference in the sterring wheel, most sport owners would trade there wheels for GXP wheel anyday. Thats probably a better way to go. There is almost a year or two worth of driving to equal that of the sport model at purchase.

·
Does not have a G8
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And if your thinking about the difference in the sterring wheel, most sport owners would trade there wheels for GXP wheel anyday.
Oh jesus, so there's three steering wheels to choose from!? I kinda liked the idea of the thicker Sport steering wheel, whats the GXP got that's different?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
bought my SBM non-sport, no roof, premium package. i bought"

Sport Wheel - $90 (ebay)
sport pedals - $80 (parts direct)
labor 1.5hrs - $150 (GM)
like others have said the 19"s can be bought for around $1k. i bought cadillac 7-spoke rims that look similar to the GXP wheels but waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy cheaper and are 19x8.5 all the way around and paid about $1300 total with new tires and pontiac center caps.

sport is a cheap upgrade. miles can't be taken off of a car, but sport package can be put on.

+1 Gxp steering wheel is the best wheel anyway but the sport wheels sell cheap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Get the one w/o the Sport package. Im having a really hard time finding a black on black with all options so Im just going to go for the Premium package and just do the GXP Wheel, Camaro 20's and order some sport pedals....on a side note, people here in toronto are asking ridiculous amount of $ just because of the sport package...like $38,000 for a black/black fully optioned G8GT with 23,000km. Im currently looking at a 09 G8GT, Black/Black, Sunroof, Premium pack, 63,000 km but they havent posted a price on autotrader, probably would expect it to be around $24,000 or so

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Pontiac/G8/WOODBRIDGE/Ontario/5_11437687_ON20070704162730994/

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
OP, did you buy one?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
lvgmman
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing