Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
felt like throwing a little wood grain in the g8 to see what it looked like. Turned out good and didn't take to much time at all. Just gotta be careful with all those clips. Its a 3M 3D dinoc vinyl so it looks and feels textured like real wood grain.. Just a little time with a heat gun and ur good.

also did trim pieces on back of center console just don't have a pic

·
Administrator
4,924 Posts
Pics no work. :comp:

·
****cray
2,199 Posts
pics work, but wished they didnt.

wat you know 'bout the woot! the woot graaaaaaaiiiiine !

·
Registered
86 Posts
Creative without question. Not necessarily for me though.

·
Administrator
4,924 Posts
pics work, but wished they didnt.

wat you know 'bout the woot! the woot graaaaaaaiiiiine !
LOL....the pics work now. Its different to say the least. It may be the only G8 in the world pimped out with wood grain.

·
Motoring Enthusiast
129 Posts
Hmm... different. It does look good. But I'm not sure if I personally feel like it would match the G8's personality. I like the color choice though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The trim changes almost weekly for me. My dad owns a sign company and has lots of leftover vinyl. The wood grain was just layin around so i thought i'd see how it looked. wasn't the biggest fan at first either after i did it but it has slightly grown on me. i plan on re wrapping it all this weekend in something a little more G8 fitting

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
OMG MY EYES!!! Please make it go away.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I'm not a fan, but I think you did a great job.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think it would look cool if it was the black/grey wood grain
This. The same wood as the Denalis were would look great.

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
Yeah if it was the grey wood it would be sick. This would look ok if this was a Buick. But even a Buick with a 6.0 would be a little more lively than wood grain would allow. :p Just my opinion.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Good job on the install. Also not a fan but thanks for trying new things! Also wood trim + cloth just doesn't look very luxurious lol.

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
Also wood trim + cloth just doesn't look very luxurious lol.
My Impala had cloth seats and wood trim. But I guess that says enough right there. Haha

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not feeling the wood trim... Looks like you did a great job with it though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks like a good job but idk if wood grain is my cup of tea, but to each there own. At least I know how it looks now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts