1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Are you going to park it in the garage for an investment? If not, then I wouldn't be paying that type of premium for an ultra low miler. At $29k, I'd be willing to take 10-20k more miles, pay $4,000 more for a GXP

·
Who is John Galt?
749 Posts
Who buys a g8, then let's it collect dust in a garage for 3 or 4 years then trades it in at a Toyota dealership? I don't get it. Maybe the mileage is a typo?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Northeast G8 Owners Club
290 Posts
612 miles... Don't drive the car much but, feel the need to change steering wheel..?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, if the mileage was a typo, I sure hope the price was also.

I agree with Jeff92, pay a couple more thousand and get a M6 GXP or buy a heavily modified GT on here for same price and a little more mileage.

Just couldn't believe the mileage, condition, options and proximity to my house, only 5 miles away!

Why the premium price!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Not a diff steering wheel. It just has a two-tone leather wrap on it. I got one just like it from Wheelskins.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Yea, if the mileage was a typo, I sure hope the price was also.

I agree with Jeff92, pay a couple more thousand and get a M6 GXP or buy a heavily modified GT on here for same price and a little more mileage.

Just couldn't believe the mileage, condition, options and proximity to my house, only 5 miles away!

Why the premium price!
I'm sure they are punching in the KBB values and the ultra low miles is what is inflating the price. I'd sit on it. I don't think anyone is going to buy it at that price.

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
No good. I paid that much for mine brand new 3 years ago. With the 19" wheels. I'd offer them $25775 and see what they say.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Something seems... Off. The wheels, steering wheel, absurd mileage...

Aren't there some states that don't require you to report salvage/totalled cars? I'm wondering if this was something like it... re-built and then sold in another state.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Not a diff steering wheel. It just has a two-tone leather wrap on it. I got one just like it from Wheelskins.

How do you like the wheelskin cover? My wife's wedding ring scatched the crap out of my wheel and I was thinking about doing a wheelskin.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
The Wheelskins cover is high quality. I think it was my first mod almost 3 yrs ago. Still looks brand new. I got it for $65, just to save the steering wheel from getting abused.

·
Registered
497 Posts
GM was blowing these cars out for $26,500 three years ago so what would justify a car three years older and more mileage to be worth more? A classic it is not...

I totally love my G8 and plan on driving it to the ground. But I'm also a realist and understand these cars are desirable to not that many people. Mostly because people don't know what these cars are.

I saw the same cycle with the GTO's. Prices remained solid for a while then started dropping fast. Even on low mileage garage queens. I expect the G8 to hold it's great resale value for a 1 year or 2...then slide down... :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
GM was blowing these cars out for $26,500 three years ago so what would justify a car three years older and more mileage to be worth more? A classic it is not...

I totally love my G8 and plan on driving it to the ground. But I'm also a realist and understand these cars are desirable to not that many people. Mostly because people don't know what these cars are.

I saw the same cycle with the GTO's. Prices remained solid for a while then started dropping fast. Even on low mileage garage queens. I expect the G8 to hold it's great resale value for a 1 year or 2...then slide down... :)
Sadly, I agree. I paid $23K for mine brand new, so it's hard to justify.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
19 Participants
JD_Z28
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing