Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Big D
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My younger cousin has a 09 G8 GT with the 19" rims and he is wanting to trade me for my stock 18" that i plasti dipped black. The tires on both sets of rims mine and his are pretty much the same, is it worth it to trade for the 19's? I have not had to buy tires yet for my car so i am not quite familar with what the cost difference will be when it comes time to replace them

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I say make the trade and plasti dip the 19s after. Tires should be close in price, 19s should actually be a tad cheaper. Odd, but the more common size the cheaper they'll be.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
I'd make the trade I like the 19's better than the 18's. Only thing is the 19 inch tires are going to be quite a bit more.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The 19's were part of the "up-level" sport package so, as options go, they are an upgrade. Other than that, it is personal preference. Pretty sure the 19" wheels will always fetch a higher sale price if you sold. As far as difference in tire price, the 19"s are kinda an oddball size, but the difference would not be enough to make or break the trade if I were liking everything else.

I guess I am saying to go for it.

·
Offshore Prositute
756 Posts
19s cost more than 18s. I would check tirerack and see the price difference.

But honestly, when I had the GXP wheels, I hated it, ride was rougher and louder.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I could of swore last time I bought tires the 19s were cheaper by a few bucks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hell a lot of the time 19's are more costly than 20's yet alone 18's make the trade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts