Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just browsing around and stumbled upon a Liquid Red 2008 G8 GT with premium/sports package and 36k miles for 19k. The thing is it doesnt have the stock 19 inch wheels but it does have aftermarket OZ wheels with probably cheap tires (not my taste but would make good winter tires). It has red/onyx interior and looks in pretty good shape but the outside is atrocious with all the decals and what not. It has a clean carfax report and one owner. So would this be a decent buy if one could talk them down into the 17s? I think they had the car since November so obviously they are not doing so well with the car. Just seems like a pretty good deal that would need a little work with getting rid of the crap that's on it and one could either buy a nice set of wheels or find some original 19s on the internet. So just wondering what others think of this.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Pretty good deal if you can get it for $17,xxx

Like stated those wheels are actually nice and light, better then stock for sure. Remove all the vinyl crap and enjoy!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I checked out the prices on those wheels and there at least 300.. Would you say those are 18s? There ok but maybe its the size of the tires.. not as low profile as I would like. Alright I may think about this then and crunch some numbers and yea it won't hurt to offer them something even lower.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tacky stickers are easy to remove. Wheels look ok and not a deal killer. As long as they didn't repaint the interior componants yellow I say go for it.

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
1,054 Posts
Looks good to me, but you know how I am about RED cars. As long as it's dry on the inside....I'd be putting a Solo system on it the day after I got it home (if I was still married).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I could swear somebody was asking about this car here.
I remember those American flags on the fascia & jacked up rear bumper.

Maybe they found something wrong with it? (aside from the obvious )
I googled the VIN number and there was a thread on the grrrr8 site... so yea maybe. Probably would be a good idea if someone could pull a service report on it. And yea reds a nice color especially with the onyx/red :)

·
2009.1 Liquid Red G8 GT
350 Posts
I could swear somebody was asking about this car here.
I remember those American flags on the fascia & jacked up rear bumper.

Maybe they found something wrong with it? (aside from the obvious )
Yeah, i remember seeing it too several months ago.

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
It looks good to me. Put some dressing on the tires and remove some of the stickers and it'll be a nice car.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Definitely doesn't look bad as long as you remove the stickers and change the wheels. Don't worry about it sitting on the dealer lot since November either. I bought my brand new 09 G8 GT with Premium/Sport in November 2009 and it had been sitting on the dealer lot since August of 2008. It was there for over 450 days and had 700 miles on it already from test drives, but I bought it anyway and it was in perfect condition. Good luck with it. 19K ain't that bad of a price either.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Definitely doesn't look bad as long as you remove the stickers and change the wheels. Don't worry about it sitting on the dealer lot since November either. I bought my brand new 09 G8 GT with Premium/Sport in November 2009 and it had been sitting on the dealer lot since August of 2008. It was there for over 450 days and had 700 miles on it already from test drives, but I bought it anyway and it was in perfect condition. Good luck with it. 19K ain't that bad of a price either.
Yea I wouldn't be too worried about it sitting on the lot.. but its just that if you look at it that its been there for that long it should give one a better chance at negotiating for a better price. Also if its been this cheap for that long then there could be something wrong. But when I did a search on the VIN I saw a couple old posts on craigslist with the price at 22k.. So it was higher before. But thanks all for the good info.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Jeez our cars aren't worth a damn I'm going to go blow my brains out

·
Flying the Pontiac Flag
554 Posts
If you drive it till the wheels fall off then it doesn't matter. (Hopefully the wheels fall off later than sooner...) ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
:whine:

Did you actually purchase yours thinking it would increase in value? Or are you rich and feel that $19K is pocket change?

:slap:

I just don't understand people that piss and moan about thier "resale" values knowing that its a CAR and not a block of GOLD. If a $200K Lambo looses it value over time what makes you think a $33K Pontiac will keep it?

·
There was one?
2,308 Posts
:whine:

Did you actually purchase yours thinking it would increase in value? Or are you rich and feel that $19K is pocket change?

:slap:

I just don't understand people that piss and moan about thier "resale" values knowing that its a CAR and not a block of GOLD. If a $200K Lambo looses it value over time what makes you think a $33K Pontiac will keep it?
It's WAY to early to even speculate on what the ultimate value of the G8 will be over time. It may prove to be a highly sought after collectible, or it could easily go the other way like the '96 Impala's. You just never know, and you won't know until 20 years from now.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
mine actually APPRECIATED in value lol. i paid $19950 for my left over 08 sedan after incentive rebate and gmcard rebate. i put 27000 miles on it and blue book is valueing it at $21,700ish :)

·
Offshore Prositute
756 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts