Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...if someone ran CTS-V calipers up front but kept the stockers in the back?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Only to the detail orientated people on the G8 board. I'm willing to bet 8 out of 10 people don't even realize.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Take a look at a gxp's brakes and see what you think.. Brembo's are in the front only

·
Registered
707 Posts
I might do that too until I have some help installing my rear ebrake. I've seen a guy in Austin running the 6pot pro-series Brembos ($3k ones) just on the front of his GT with oem 19 wheels, it seams like he ran without any problems. I think running stock would be fine, but for me am planning on doing the rears later, but I don't think I would like the look for the long run.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not worried about any mechanical problems, more looks. The rears are just a pain in the ass with the ebrake, something I need for inspection. Just wasn't sure how stupid it would look lol

·
The Mustang dude
1,438 Posts
Do it... it'll be fine.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
How many people actually look at the brake calipers?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Not at all. There are a few guys on here running that way. The rears dont do nearly as much of the braking as the fronts so I am sure it will run just fine that way

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
I will soon be running 6 pot CTS-V fronts with stock rears....... I currently have the 4 pot Brembro's up front. I don't have a problem with it. Sure the 4 pots would look great on the rear, but then I wouldn't be able to fit my 17" GTO rims with the Mickey Thompsons.....

·
Registered
411 Posts
As 1fastmf said, GXPs only had Brembos on the front so it should be fine.

·
You've got mail, YAAAAY!
1,950 Posts
YES, IT WOULD look HORRIBLY STUPID! DON'T DO IT!! OMG!!! Kidding aside, I have no opinion on this. Your car, your cash, do as you please and the rest be damned. :)

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Don't Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look how horrible my car looks below!

Kidding of course ;)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Don't Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look how horrible my car looks below!
Kidding of course ;)
I'll buy you Brembos for the rear if you promise to take the GM chicklets off
:wink2:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol thanks guys. Good responses.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How about stock rotors and stuff in the back but slotted and/or crossdrilled rotors up front? I don't need rear brakes yet, I will need fronts soon, hence me either getting good rotors/pads up front or just upgrading to the CTS-V stuff.

I know the newer Mercedes come that way(drilled up front, non in the back), wasn't sure how it'd look on the G8

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
Naw, not necessarily. Considering many of the "modifications" I have seen on vehicles in my lifetime, your proposed venture passes the muster.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Only to the detail orientated people on the G8 board. I'm willing to bet 8 out of 10 people don't even realize.
9 out of 10 wouldn't even know they weren't the stock brakes

1 - 20 of 22 Posts