Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running down the boulevard, wind in the hair, blowing off some steam, a nice red WRX STi, 2008-ish, rolls up and passes me about 45mph, slows down...he wants to play...COOL!!

I line up next to him, still at 45mph, and he hits it, I follow immediately. Easily pull up and pass him, let off as I shifted into 4th.

We pull up to a red light, and I ask him if he wants to go from a dig - he says sure, and that he'll beat me. Sure enough, he gets a car length, but I pull up and as I'm about to pass him, I back off....

I ask what his best 1/4 time is - he says 12.6. I let him know my best was 12.5! Cool dude, we ran again, this time with me behind him at the light...same result, although this time I stayed in it and passed him handily.

Two things I want for my car - better, dissimilar sized rear axle shafts, to eliminate the wheel hop once and for all, and a 2800 stall torque converter, to improve my ability to get out of the hole!!

Happy I was able to find a like-minded driver to play with tonight...and always happy when the air is cool and dense...the car just runs so much better!!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Its cool when the other person isnt a douche over losing .cool kill

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Nice to hear there are still halfway cool drivers to play against... Good kill!

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,611 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun, nice kill!

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Cool kill indeed!

OP, I noticed in your sig you say you have stock GT mufflers. What was your reason to use GT mufflers on a GXP?

·
IdontRe Member
632 Posts
Good kill and I too wondered the above question.

I also like your mods list, subtle and effective.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool kill indeed!

OP, I noticed in your sig you say you have stock GT mufflers. What was your reason to use GT mufflers on a GXP?
Yes, the GXP mufflers are way too loud! When I jump on it, it sounds like a NASCAR stocker running up! I had a cop chase me down from three blocks over (!) when he heard me get on it!

I have a set of Hooker Maxflows waiting to be installed....just waiting for some extra cash...I'm not sure if they will be any better than the GXP mufflers, but the GXP mufflers have the direct pass through when flow goes up, so I'm hoping the Maxflows will tone it down a bit....

And the car is a total sleeper with the GT mufflers, and IMO, performance doesn't suffer all that much....

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
BigZub, PRP Tuesday night street car only test and tune. I'll be there to see what I can get out of my GXP.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BigZub, PRP Tuesday night street car only test and tune. I'll be there to see what I can get out of my GXP.
Bill! Awesome! I wanted to go this week, but it got rained out....

I may be able to make it!

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Bill! Awesome! I wanted to go this week, but it got rained out....

I may be able to make it!
Great! Sound good, hope the weather is good this week.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bill, did you go? I couldn't make it. What was your best time?

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Bill, did you go? I couldn't make it. What was your best time?
Long long story short. I was there but did not take my car. With the rain in the area I didn't wount to make the almost 2 hour trip from work to home to track for it only to rain out. Around 5pm the weather cleared unexspectedly (thanks channel 2 weather man)and I drove straight to the track from work. It turned out to be a grreat night and I kicked myself in the @ss all night. I hope to do a Thursday night T&T soon or the next Street car only June 4th. One white G8 with leds in the hood runnig mid/low 13's. But didn't get a chance to talk to him.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Long long story short. I was there but did not take my car. With the rain in the area I didn't wount to make the almost 2 hour trip from work to home to track for it only to rain out. Around 5pm the weather cleared unexspectedly (thanks channel 2 weather man)and I drove straight to the track from work. It turned out to be a grreat night and I kicked myself in the @ss all night. I hope to do a Thursday night T&T soon or the next Street car only June 4th. One white G8 with leds in the hood runnig mid/low 13's. But didn't get a chance to talk to him.
Cool. June 4th, I will be back in town, and should be able to make it. I'll put it on the calendar!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.