Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Yeah, if you're really interested, you can see one at the fair in Puyallup. From what I heard we should start seeing them on I-5 sometime in the next few months.:wink2:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yeah, if you're really interested, you can see one at the fair in Puyallup. From what I heard we should start seeing them on I-5 sometime in the next few months.:wink2:
Ah the good old Puyallup fair. "Moo the Puyallup" lol. I was born and raised just outside of Kent(Covington area) and used to go every year. They would give us free admission tickets every year back in elementary school. Thanks for bringing back some good memories.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts

·
Submarine Simeon
837 Posts
well, the stock speed limiter is set at around 115mph, but with a tune that is easily bypassed.

i more meant that g8's can get higher than 155mph with a tune...i may or may not know from experience :gr_devil:

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
well, the stock speed limiter is set at around 115mph, but with a tune that is easily bypassed.

i more meant that g8's can get higher than 155mph with a tune...i may or may not know from experience :gr_devil:

I thought stock speed limiter on the G8 was 137MPH, where did the 115MPH come from? Besides, its a "police special" version, and like the Vauxhall they may increase the limiter to the 155MPH like the Brits get? In any case, don't think you'd want to find out with one on your tail!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Stock speed limiter is 152 on the G8

·
Submarine Simeon
837 Posts
meh, its been a long time since i first changed that...i couldnt remember the number.

oh...and 160 in the vette on the way back from leavenworth...only slowed down because i had the top down and thought my windrestrictor was going to fly off! 160 with the top down is CRAZY!

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Too bad Grand Sports don't have roll cages that can be bought/made cheaply... I'd think about getting one if I could road course race it.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
The 155 mph was achieved by the Michigan police car testing. It was the highest in its class, though whether that's relevant to real-world police work I cannot say.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts