Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
The world knows how rare the are now. eBay prices start at over $300. Found one at $235.

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
For what it's worth, stick with a new or used oem throttle body as there are plenty of Chinese knockoffs floating around. Might be worthwhile to check out some of the other General Motors forums as well to expand the search.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really appreciate the responses. Pony man I saw a try for 119 and was tempted. Gt Drew I might have to just bite the bullet and pay it. My hope was maybe someone went LSA and wanted to help a fellow brother out

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Be sure to check the Facebook G8 classified section as well. The same throttle is use on other General Motors vehicles.

2009 Pontiac G8GT6.0L V8 - Gas
2008 Chevrolet Corvette427 Limited Edition Z06, Base, Z066.2L V8 - Gas, 7.0L V8 - Gas
2008 Pontiac G8GT6.0L V8 - Gas
2007 Cadillac CTSV6.0L V8 - Gas
2007 Chevrolet CorvetteBase, Z066.0L V8 - Gas, 7.0L V8 - Gas
2006 Cadillac CTSV6.0L V8 - Gas
2006 Chevrolet CorvetteBase, Z066.0L V8 - Gas, 7.0L V8 - Gas
2006 Pontiac GTOBase6.0L V8 - Gas
2005 Chevrolet CorvetteBase6.0L V8 - Gas
2005 Pontiac GTOBase6.0L V8 - Gas

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
What is the difference between the silver and brass blade unit? My 09.1 has brass, FYI.

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Unsure where the difference(s) lie, but am sure the two throttle body's aren't compatible nor interchangeable. Thinking it might have something to do with the programming.

Reactions: J Wikoff

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Same size but completely different electronics inside. Our silver one, the blade swings in from the bottom. The newer brass version, swings in from the top. So the motor rotates it the opposite way.
Then there is the scaling for the sensors is different. It was evolution, and most of us got the old version. It ports just the same, throttle response is improved.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Now I wonder if I'm remembering what I have wrong. It sounds like an 09.1 should have silver.

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
There's a breakpoint between the old and new throttle body and unsure exactly were it lies. Try calling the dealership's (ugh) part department, contacting an online retailer or AcDelco technical support, provide the vehicle identification number and they should be able to state which was originally installed on the vehicle.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Better than knowing the breakpoint, GM made the difference visual. The old is Silver blade, new is Brass. Just look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts