Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prefer a used set if somebody upgraded or is thinking about it or somebody bought one but never used it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Saw an old thread from the other board that mentioned the GXP brembos being the same as 2010 Camaro SS.....can anybody verify that....is so then should be simple swap without drilling any knuckles.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The cts v is a direct swap. The camaro you have to drill the knuckles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
386 Posts
They are the same as the Camaro calipers but like you said you don't have to drill out the knuckle with the GXP ones.

I actually just sold my new Camaro calipers in order to buy the GXP ones so I didn't have to do just that. Just FYI, I bought mine off Amazon for like $480 to my door. You can see pics of them in my "Can't wait for spring" thread in the lounge.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are the same as the Camaro calipers but like you said you don't have to drill out the knuckle with the GXP ones.

I actually just sold my new Camaro calipers in order to buy the GXP ones so I didn't have to do just that. Just FYI, I bought mine off Amazon for like $480 to my door. You can see pics of them in my "Can't wait for spring" thread in the lounge.

Best of luck!
That what I remember from your thread. So you have them on..... I am trying to avoid paying $480....thus trying to find used ones.....

·
Registered
386 Posts
I haven't put them on just yet. Believe me,I didn't want to spend it either but I was sick of waiting and it being too late to the for sale thread haha

·
Registered
65 Posts

Best of luck!
where off amazon did you get yours? have a link?

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You can get a set of cts v calipers brand new on amazon for 120 a piece. Might not be worth it to buy used.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Don't the knuckles have to be drilled out and can never go back to stock......

Nope. No drilling is needed for the 04-07 cts-v brembos. The only calipers that require drilling are the 09+ v calipers and the camaro calipers. The 04-07 v calipers are exactly the same as GXP except for the v logo (which can be painted or powdercoated). The 04-07 v calipers are direct bolt on.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope. No drilling is needed for the 04-07 cts-v brembos. The only calipers that require drilling are the 09+ v calipers and the camaro calipers. The 04-07 v calipers are exactly the same as GXP except for the v logo (which can be painted or powdercoated). The 04-07 v calipers are direct bolt on.
One more question. I bought GXP front pads, so they should fit the the V calipers......

·
Registered
386 Posts
You'll love the braking power of the gxp Brembos. It's damn near face deforming.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts