Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
like the post says, I'm looking for a GXP Steering wheel. If I cannot find one of these, then I may be willing to pickup a Sports Steering Wheel. If anyone wants to get rid of one, please let me know.

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
I have a one-off steering wheel that was made from a GXP steering wheel armiture. It was my attempt to create a sw with a larger gripping surface without all the weird contours that the GXP wheel has. The wrap was done by Redline Goods, which have a very good reputation. I like the wheel, but due to some miscommunication, the wheel lost it's flat bottom, so I did not use it. This wheel is like any other replacement G8 wheel in that you have to use your existing trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may be interested. Is this wheel off a 2008 or 2009? Also, how much are you looking to get? Pictures would be appreciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
The wheel is from a used 2009 GXP. I sent it to Redline and they took it down top the armiture and then rebuilt it with resin/foam and wrap. Let me think about the price and get back to you. I will have to provide more pics later when I get home from work - side views etc.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isn't there a difference between 08 and 09 steering wheels? I thought 09 wheels had a key notch. No rush on the pics, we all gotta work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
Hey Xero!

As far as I know there are no differences between 08 and 09 wheels, although there are several types of wheels....3 or 4 . There is a thread somewhere that identifies all the various steering wheels.

Also, I was very busy today so I did not get a chance to take more pictures. Will try tomorrow.

Thanks!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Xero!

As far as I know there are no differences between 08 and 09 wheels, although there are several types of wheels....3 or 4 . There is a thread somewhere that identifies all the various steering wheels.

Also, I was very busy today so I did not get a chance to take more pictures. Will try tomorrow.

Thanks!
It's all good man. I know what it is like to get busy. No rush. I'm stuck at home anyhow for the next two weeks. So I have nothing but time. When you come up with a price, just shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I really want one too.....but I also want a TVS1900, a second G8 and world peace.

Well.....I guess the steering wheel is a good start. :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump!

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
OP, I would hold out for your GXP wheel. I did and love every bit of it. Better than the standard, and better than my buddies sport steering wheel. They are hard to find, but, just keep up daily searches on ebay. I did ebay Australia also, but happened to stumble on one in the US, instead of a holden wheel. Also, if you want to drop some cash, hit of JHP sponsor. Either way, get the GXP wheel, one of the best mods as I enjoy it every day, hour, minute, second, behind the wheel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.