Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am looking for a power steering reservoir bracket part # 92068168, this part has been discontinued for a while now and I need to get my hands on one of these.
Let me know if you have one.

Thanks.

· Premium Member
10,685 Posts
Scam

· Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,521 Posts
Usually, when someone jumps on, has a post or two, it has been a scammer recently. If that is not you, then just continue. We try and warn others to something that may not be upfront.

:)

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Usually, when someone jumps on, has a post or two, it has been a scammer recently. If that is not you, then just continue. We try and warn others to something that may not be upfront.

:)
Understood, that is not me. Just recently bought my first G8, and working on a Caprice PPV, and that is why I need that bracket.

Thanks.

· Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,521 Posts
Is this it?

Power Steering Pump Reservoir Bracket | eBay

I haven't gone out to my GT and popped the hood to see but this looks really similiar to what I reinstalled during my build.

Only other choice may be to try and get one from a junk yard.

· Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,521 Posts
Lastly, you may have to go on some Australian parts sites for the Commodore VE and see if you can find one. I have ordered parts from Aussieland a few times now.

Good Luck on your hunt.

Maybe others here will provide some suggestions.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lastly, you may have to go on some Australian parts sites for the Commodore VE and see if you can find one. I have ordered parts from Aussieland a few times now.

Good Luck on your hunt.

Maybe others here will provide some suggestions.
Thanks! I will continue the search, going to try Aussieland and hope to find something, unfortunately that bracket above is not the correct one, I've seen that one too, but that is not the one.

· Premium Member
10,685 Posts
Excuse me? Don't quite understand your comment.
There was a post most likely deleted by a moderator stating someone had one for sale and to contact them at a bogus email address.

· Registered
16 Posts
I sourced on recently from GMH here in Australia for a L77 (your Chevrolet Caprice PPV), the part number I recieved was 92250180. Let me know if you have no luck and I can see if I can reorder providing you are happy to pay for shipping.

· Registered
16 Posts
I sourced on recently from GMH here in Australia for a L77 (your Chevrolet Caprice PPV), the part number I recieved was 92250180. Let me know if you have no luck and I can see if I can reorder providing you are happy to pay for shipping.
See if I can reorder is because there is little to no stock left here in AUS. All discountinued.

· Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,521 Posts
So, thanks for looking brody!

· Registered
16 Posts
No problems at all. Stock here is going fast and all discontinued so got to grab it while you can. I would have never though a domestic vehicle here would be considered a hard to get for parts vehicle but such is the times.

· Premium Member
10,685 Posts
Fortunately, you reside in a significantly closer proximity to where the G8 was manufactured than most forum members. Imagine the conundrum they're facing locating basic replacement parts.

· Registered
16 Posts
Fortunately, you reside in a significantly closer proximity to where the G8 was manufactured than most forum members. Imagine the conundrum they're facing locating basic replacement parts.
I understand completely! Even here, most dealerships shut down or carried another brand. I should have been more specific, in Australia the VE to VF was produced from 2006 - 2017 loose unconfirmed figures here VE 350,000 domestically sold and 170,000 exported. VF 150,889 domestically sold and 13,000 exported as Chevy SS. Given those numbers, and originally infrastructure for service parts etc GM entered an agreement to supply parts for 10 years from 10 years of the last build. I’m having difficultly sourcing parts for the VF I know GMH went under but I would have thought it would have been a bit longer till this happened…it’s all just sad really.

Anyhow, got to get the stuff while you can.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts