Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of rear sway bar brackets (Part #92191934). #3 in the picture below. I have broken mine and apparently these have been discontinued by GM. Please let me know if anyone has one or two extras laying around.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Have you tired Pace Performance?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tired Pace Performance?
Yes, first place I looked. They were the ones who told me the part was discontinued. I have also reached out to GM Parts Giant, GM Parts Direct, GM Parts . . . etc and they have told me the same thing also.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Broken Rear Sway Bar Bracket Perchance SonOfThor can make another custom set?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I posted up in the Facebook Pontiac G8 Classifieds page and Kurt Thorson replied showing me his strengthening gussets that he sells for the rear sway bar brackets. I told him I'll probably buy a set of the gussets from him, but first I have to find the brackets since his solution welds onto the OEM bracket. SInce I don't have the brackets, I'm still stuck until I can find some new or used oem brackets.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
215 Posts
Hopefully, good luck.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I was able to source both the front and rear sway bar brackets from Australia but as you can imagine, the cost was high.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I lost one a few years ago. I made one . Scrap steel. picked a socket that matched the size of the bushing. Hammer, a vice, grinder and a drill. It worked until I got a new one. I made the tab a bit longer and it never bent or came out

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was finally able to track down a used set. These things are getting hard to replace now. Probably going to be worth their weight in gold pretty soon to someone who needs them.

Thanks everyone for the help!

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
I have a used set and a GXP bar for sale.

I’d only sell the complete kit though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts