Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Hooker Maxflow mufflers on order. Need to find some tips to have welded on. Want to stay with the quad tip look. Anybody out there with some tips they want to sell? Or any ideas where to find them on the cheap (or at least reasonable)?

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks! If I have the normal GT diffuser, will the 2.5"in / 3.5"out fit ok? I don't know what size the current stock tips are.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Lmao, love the plate.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Thanks, notice the Prius next bay over? While I was installing the system, I take my helmet off to adjust the welder and the owner of that pos says "why are you wasting your money on this, get a real muscle car at least" I just laughed and said wtf do you think this is? He says "I dont know acura?" I almost died!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait wait wait - a Prius owner was giving you sass about not having a "real muscle car"??? LOLOLOL!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ahh that is awesome! I love how no one knows what these cars are after 5 years, and to top it off he tells you what you should be spending your money on... He must be too busy smelling his own farts.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wait wait wait - a Prius owner was giving you sass about not having a "real muscle car"??? LOLOLOL!
I know right, I think my license plate irritated that tree hugger.

Ahh that is awesome! I love how no one knows what these cars are after 5 years, and to top it off he tells you what you should be spending your money on... He must be too busy smelling his own farts.

Right before I put the mufflers up I hit the remote start with him right there and he found out what muscle car with headers sounds! I like it that no one knows our cars as well. While he was pulling it out one of my guys goes is that your blower motor when he heard the prius start lmao. People. ...so ignorant

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
Thanks, notice the Prius next bay over? While I was installing the system, I take my helmet off to adjust the welder and the owner of that pos says "why are you wasting your money on this, get a real muscle car at least" I just laughed and said wtf do you think this is? He says "I dont know acura?" I almost died!

Thats pretty funny.

You think you could add a couple more pics from different angles to show the fitment of the 3.5s in the stock diffuser?

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just ordered my tips from ssclones. Should be good timing to get these muffs put together and on the car right about the same time I switch back to my summer tires

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
Just ordered my tips from ssclones. Should be good timing to get these muffs put together and on the car right about the same time I switch back to my summer tires
I don't guess you happened to order two sets and send one my way?....Haha

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't guess you happened to order two sets and send one my way?....Haha
For some reason, they only sent me one set :). Did get them quickly though. Arrived today and look nice.

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any issues with heat off the tips melting the diffuser? Looks like very minimal clearance.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I orders those same tips from ssclones. Awesome looking and received them in two days. I don't think they will be close enough to the diffuser to melt. If they do I'll get a GXP diffuser. I was thinking 3.5 would be to big but looking at pics and test fitting them seems to be a perfect size. Can't beat them for the price.

Sent from my fresh lubed iPhone

1 - 20 of 29 Posts