Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
09 G8 GT Owner
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone still have their original solid stock exhaust system lying around? I'm in need of the front pipes that flange bolt to the front cats and meet at the mid muffler. The front O2 sensors screw into them. My driver's side fatigue cracked at the bend that enters the mid muffler that was once replaced.

I purchased this fully optioned GT brand new on 2/14/09 and it remains completely stock. Typically it rolls on the factory Pontiac sport wheels.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Reactions: snowballus

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
location?

·
09 G8 GT Owner
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Rowland PA 18457

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
go with the aftermarket cat back gonna be hard to find one in decent shape and you would have to weld those pipes to the secondary cats

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Shipping an unmolested OEM will kill any deal. From factory, it one piece from cat to muffler. Add to that the scrap value of the pup cats, you will be better off with aftermarket.

I do have a true 2.5" midpipe, cats to muffs that would work. I was made by Mandrel bends many years ago. It has a magnaflow muffled xpipe and vibrant resonators. It would be a 300mile ride from your zip to mine. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I have a new 500 mile mid pipe for a GT but the shipping is miserable.

·
09 G8 GT Owner
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. I hadn't considered the oversized shipping expense of a factory style mid-pipe. Any suggestions on an affordable aftermarket replacement? Our GT is a touring sedan for us so I don't want a louder than stock set-up.

What is your zip code JCMG8?

·
Registered
488 Posts
The Magnaflow with a proper mid-muffler is probably one of the quietest aftermarket setups. However that will run greater than 1100 or so and is 409SS not 304SS.

Side note, love to see the f-body in the signature! I miss my Formula

-J

·
09 G8 GT Owner
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Magnaflow with a proper mid-muffler is probably one of the quietest aftermarket setups. However that will run greater than 1100 or so and is 409SS not 304SS.

Side note, love to see the f-body in the signature! I miss my Formula

-J
Our first new car. Keepin' it forever but it is due for paint
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

·
Dazed - Confused
502 Posts
Are you looking for the catted downpipes that run from the cast iron exhaust manifolds to the mid-pipe section, or the full mid-pipe that goes back to the rear mufflers? If it's the latter, I'm sure there are reasonable alternatives. Or, you can have a muffler shop make you a section and add a bung for your rear O2 sensor (s). I have all the parts you need here in Naples, but shipping is expensive. Have saved everything stock I replaced on both my 2 G8 GTs.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Like everyone else has said, the part your looking for is one big piece. If your willing to come get it, it's yours. I took the whole exhaust off (headers on back) with less than 5,000 miles on it. I'm located in Virginia Beach. 23456 I don't come to his site much any more so if your interested, you will need to PM me and hopefully I will get the notice.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Thanks for the input everyone. I hadn't considered the oversized shipping expense of a factory style mid-pipe. Any suggestions on an affordable aftermarket replacement? Our GT is a touring sedan for us so I don't want a louder than stock set-up.

What is your zip code JCMG8?

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
759 Posts
Almost 700 miles apart...

·
Premium Member
8,252 Posts
kermit33 is closer albeit the distance is approximately 400 miles.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Get a Corsa. Best exhaust ever for daily driving.

I have one i'll be selling and will ship as I am selling our second SS sedan i intended to use a system on.

I have this system on my GXP and it is fantastic.

·
09 G8 GT Owner
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I appreciate everyone's replies but find myself at a crossroad. Perhaps now is the time to consider selling our beloved G8 GT and let the next owner determine which exhaust would best suite their needs. We can still drive it daily so maybe I'll reach that final decision come spring. I already own a bunch of cool cars so one less would be acceptable.:unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 aka Karma
567 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,252 Posts
^^^ May get a quicker response by sending a private message.

Reactions: rockinlespaul

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone still have their original solid stock exhaust system lying around? I'm in need of the front pipes that flange bolt to the front cats and meet at the mid muffler. The front O2 sensors screw into them. My driver's side fatigue cracked at the bend that enters the mid muffler that was once replaced.

I purchased this fully optioned GT brand new on 2/14/09 and it remains completely stock. Typically it rolls on the factory Pontiac sport wheels.

View attachment 186997
I have a complete like new OEM 2008 GT exhaust system from the Cats back to the chrome tips that was removed shorty after my G8 was purchased. It is and looks like new. See pic’s.

Attachments

·
09 G8 GT Owner
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a complete like new OEM 2008 GT exhaust system from the Cats back to the chrome tips that was removed shorty after my G8 was purchased. It is and looks like new. See pic’s.
Can you share your location and price?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts