Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some lowlife just stole mine (and my gas cap). Car was parked, battery disconnected due to a stereo swap, so no alarm went off. $275 for these is insanity, and the aftermarket stuff appears to only bolt on to the OEM stuff. Happy to buy aftermarket if it can be used standalone if anyone has any tips on where to find such a part.

What bummer this is. Car has been parked due to covid, and only noticed today because I had to take my new dog to the vet for what appears to be an eye infection. When it rains it pours..

Help!

In the 94565, East Bay Area, CA.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
If that's the price delivered to you for the pair, that's a real good price I'd say for brand new OEM units. The best I have seen so far, is $348 for the pair to you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drive like a boss without them.
View attachment 181164
Is that just for track days?

How easy do they come off? Curious what the assholes went through to remove them. I originally thought they might have been trying to dislodge them to get under my hood; however, now that I see the replacement cost it makes sense that some lowlife probably messed theirs up and decided mine looked good to replace them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If that's the price delivered to you for the pair, that's a real good price I'd say for brand new OEM units. The best I have seen so far, is $348 for the pair to you.
Turns out, that's just a fancy insert pair. Blah.

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Why steal in the first place? A thief will steal virtually anything.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited by Moderator)

Just came across this...

Now I'm thinking, I might as well get the Holden stuff. Only marginally more expensive... but then again, might be even more of a target next time. Just have to make sure they can't be removed.

Edit: nm, would need a new bumper. Derp.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why steal in the first place? A thief will steal virtually anything.
Absolutely.

·
GXP'd PBM GT 2009.5
2009 G8 GT
487 Posts
I have a passenger side grille available if that helps?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a passenger side grille available if that helps?
I don't think I could offer you a fair price since buying one elsewhere is like 190 by itself. So I might as well do 250 for a pair. Thanks though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts