Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a working washer fluid pump they want to sell? I would prefer new. I have one on backorder with no ETA at this time.

·
Premium Member
4,506 Posts
As a backup source, they due show that both Autozone and O'reilly auto parts stores have (what they say), are pumps that fit the G8 for $16. The (slightly bad) is that the 2 wires would have to be spliced into the existing wiring. Which you could do with those *add a wire* type splice, so that the OEM wire and connector are left intact (should you choose to return to a factory pump) at some later time.
But for sure, I would take the bad pump along to verify that those pumps in fact would fit into the reservoir properly and have the pressure out line in the proper location.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I may have to go the universal route if I can't track down a stocker. What I may do is tear the old one apart and use the connector as an adapter rather than tap into the wires with those scotch lock taps. I really only want to take the bumper cover off one time but I may not have a choice.

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
PM sent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts