Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Solo Mach Balanced full exhaust system.I'm not 100% happy with it. Does anyone know about the X-Force Varex system. How is it when running in 4cyl mode. overall cabin sound etc;

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
Tune out the AFM. You will like it better. I have heard that Varex has had QC issues in the past. Wortec makes a good one too, but both are pricey. Some folks on here have tried them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the AFM turned off today. I don't like the droan around 1500RPM in 6th gear. I was just wondering since the X-Force was made in Australia and has electronic cutoffs they might have solved the AFM droan(would love to turn back on) or the 6th gear droan. I usually auto stick when cruising between 35 & 45 mph .

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I got the AFM turned off today. I don't like the droan around 1500RPM in 6th gear. I was just wondering since the X-Force was made in Australia and has electronic cutoffs they might have solved the AFM droan(would love to turn back on) or the 6th gear droan. I usually auto stick when cruising between 35 & 45 mph .
Do you have a tune? When I tuned mine the drone at 1500 disappeared.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
The Solo J-pipes should kill the 1800 rpm rang drone when adjusted properly. Only thing that kills the AFM changeover is to turn it off.
Some folks say the Corsa system is less noticeable. I don't believe the Aussies have it licked either.

Search the forums for Varex. You should find more info.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had the same problem with the solo mach balance was noisy. I talk to the people of solo and gave me resonator to be installed. I ask them why not have them in the first place will quiet it down. Was not happy with them and took off the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
I f'ing love my solo axle backs. Go back to stock because any afternarket exhaust is going to have some ranges in the rpm that are not ideal, and everyone has their own tolerance threshold It's the price u pay if u want that aggressive v8 growl

·
Registered
80 Posts
Damn the Varex sounds good. Not 1700.00 good but good. Also, the electronic valves are a neat idea. Maybe if I hit the lotto.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
GT KEN, what are all your mods to the car? Have you ever had an aftermarket exhaust on before? The "Problem Drone" most people experience from notoriously droning systems is all over the rpm band. I have to agree with RockyMt in that every exhaust has a small range that isn't as "Performance" sounding.

On another note, I am your neighbor just down the street. I am pretty sure I passed you and honked a month or so ago on Eldorado near The Tollway. Was that you? You have LED tails and a Collin College sticker on the back?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I can vouch for the Wortec cat back, and I love it. I have no drone but I'm a GXP so no AFM. Being able to switch from loud to quiet is awesome, but I'm probably in "loud" 90% of the time. Under light throttle loud mode is really quiet in the cabin. It only becomes evident inside the car when you get on it. Outside is another story, I think everyone hears me :). Quiet mode is only a little bit louder than stock. VegasNate is now a Wortec distributor if you are interested. Varex and Wortec aren't cheap, but as long as you have a big ass smile when driving...

Here is a video from the outside, parked:
http://youtu.be/ZrHu5gIoRgs

And while driving:
http://youtu.be/u-pKs4f5wC0
http://youtu.be/vJP_YJUafsQ

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
GXP axle backs +AFM off= no drone.......loud on WOT......there is one FS. Wife sensitive to loud cabin. She likes the quiet inside and i like the loudness on WOT.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GT KEN, what are all your mods to the car? Have you ever had an aftermarket exhaust on before? The "Problem Drone" most people experience from notoriously droning systems is all over the rpm band. I have to agree with RockyMt in that every exhaust has a small range that isn't as "Performance" sounding.

On another note, I am your neighbor just down the street. I am pretty sure I passed you and honked a month or so ago on Eldorado near The Tollway. Was that you? You have LED tails and a Collin College sticker on the back?
Yep that was me. I had aftermarket exhaust before but it was on a truck. I have Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Mach balanced, Dyno tune by Quality Motorsport in Lewisville. My other mods are all cosmetic.

How do I add all mods so that they will display during my posts.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
Go to user CP at the top of the page and select edit signature. That should get you going in the right direction!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts