Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
2nd one, like the Lawson, are not real X pipes, they have the shape of an X from the outside, but it won't scavenge exhaust gases like an X pipe because the path doesn't cross inside. You're basically paying for a straight/little bent small POS pipe.

Magnaflow, Dr Gas, Bassani sell real X pipes, with Magnaflow being the cheapest, Dr Gas being the most expensive because of the way the pipe is shaped inside. Granted, none of them are $20.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
I have a 2.5" Xpipe just like the 2nd one from eBay you linked to. I think mine was $30. The one I have is a real Xpipe. It might not be as elongated, but the basic principle of an Xpipe does exist and it functions great. There are hundreds of members who have this Xpipe.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Cheap is good :), just make sure it's a real x pipe.
This is the Lawson one, fully hollowed inside, this is not a real X, which looks to be the same as the one in the 2nd link the op posted, (looking at one the pics from the ebay 2nd link)

·
On the Hunt
176 Posts
Damn wish I would have see this thread sooner. Just ordered the Lawson one. That's not an x at all, just some widened tubing

·
Registered
786 Posts
Cheap is good :), just make sure it's a real x pipe.
This is the Lawson one, fully hollowed inside, this is not a real X, which looks to be the same as the one in the 2nd link the op posted, (looking at one the pics from the ebay 2nd link)

If that's not the design of a "real x pipe".... Do u mind posting a pic of what would be so others can see the difference.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Sure, this is the Dr Gas X pipe, this one cost around $119, the $90 Magnaflows are similar, Spintech also make a true x pipe crossover, almost like Dr Gas, can't remember their price, but they're not as cheap as this hollowed pieces like Lawson or ebay bended pipe alike.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Magnaflow X. Less interior volume than the Lawson. All will get the job done.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I also bought the Lawson one, a 2.5" one. Im not sure about the scavenging properties of it but it sure made the car sound better and got rid of most of the drone at 60mph.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
I have the clamshell Magnaflow style in 2.25" everyone agrees that it sounds pretty much amazing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.