Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It all started with a burned out fog lamp.....

I wanted to improve the lighting on the front of the car and this was my opportunity. I debated on spending the money for a couple weeks and finally, after talking to Nick from diode dynamics, bit the bullet. Customer service was great, I got the lights in a few days, which was faster than I initially thought and man, oh man are these things awesome!!!!! I got the XML2 6K LED fog lamps after thinking back to when I first bought the G and realized the joke they had installed for fog lamp/driving lamp bulbs.(I think I actually looked around for a camera) I was thinking I didn't want to pay to put those wimpy things back in the car. Well Sirs and Ma'ams, these bad boys are no joke. I am on the site now thinking about what I can order next from them. thanks for the awesome service and product diode dynamics team!!

few pics for fun, don't mind the dirty car....

wimpy VS new

In the shop, they brighten your day

even outside in broad daylight

·
Registered
213 Posts
You have a link to the lights?
Where did you purchase your replacement housings?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had figured on them providing the link before I could get to it!!

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
No ballests these are LED's not HID's. That wire goes to the plug that is plug and play into the factory wire harness. No cutting or splicing straight plug and play.

These are VERY bright! I have the yellow ones, waited almost a year for them but they were worth the wait. They are 100% plug and play no cutting and splicing, fitment is much better then the other LED's I got from them no flash on the plastic that needed to be trimmed off (For the price they BETTER fit perfect! ;) ) Also compaired to their other bright LED fog light bulb these (SO FAR) have lasted much better with no burning of a lens cover. They are very well made, good looking lights that I'd buy again, hell I may get a set for the wife's truck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
No ballests these are LED's not HID's. That wire goes to the plug that is plug and play into the factory wire harness. No cutting or splicing straight plug and play.

These are VERY bright! I have the yellow ones, waited almost a year for them but they were worth the wait. They are 100% plug and play no cutting and splicing, fitment is much better then the other LED's I got from them no flash on the plastic that needed to be trimmed off (For the price they BETTER fit perfect! ;) ) Also compaired to their other bright LED fog light bulb these (SO FAR) have lasted much better with no burning of a lens cover. They are very well made, good looking lights that I'd buy again, hell I may get a set for the wife's truck.
Do these work good as fogs? Any shadowing that many LEDs have? We get a fair amount of fog so i need them to work for their intended purpose.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
GTMetal, they're STUPID bright! There are 4 LED's on these lights, 2 at the 12 o'clock and 2 at the 6 o'clock position. I haven't noticed any shadows from these just lots of light! If you have lots of fog these will suit you very well IMHO. Just as bright as HID without the lens melting heat that HID's give off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.