Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Spaycace
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TT kit by Under Pressure Power & Performance completed!

HEAD TO MY LATEST POST FOR UPDATE! Pics to follow soon ...

Greetings all ... I'm here to hopefully post a video (in the near future if i can figure out how to make it work) of my G8 with pre-Twin Turbo setup (currently being developed by UPP in Colorado Springs, CO using my GXP as the test vehicle). The video was taken with my iPhone 4, and the mods are: Solo Performance HF cats & Mach Shorty exhaust (full, not axle-back like video says), a VCM OTR intake, and the GMPP cam used in the LS 376/480 engine on the GM performance parts website. My car is currently at UPP and I'm anxious to get her back in 4 to 6 weeks! (their website is uppcos.com) and I figured out why my video post to youtube failed! Sorry there aren't any revs on the video so you can hear it better. I'll be stopping by the shop in a couple days and if they haven't torn into it yet, I'll make another video so you can hear it in all it's glory! :bubbrubb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_qgqmSG9Iw&feature=youtu.be

·
Dos Pupusas
55 Posts
Greetings all ... I'm here to hopefully post a video (in the near future if i can figure out how to make it work) of my G8 with pre-Twin Turbo setup (currently being developed by UPP in Colorado Springs, CO using my GXP as the test vehicle). The video was taken with my iPhone 4, and the mods are: Solo Performance HF cats & Mach Shorty exhaust (full, not axle-back like video says), a VCM OTR intake, and the GMPP cam used in the LS 376/480 engine on the GM performance parts website. My car is currently at UPP and I'm anxious to get her back in 4 to 6 weeks! (their website is uppcos.com) I'll try to figure out this whole video posting thing ... Or can someone help me?
Do you even youtube bro?

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
IDK why people don't use YouTube. It works and it is supported by almost every single device made. Once YouTube stops using Flash, I'll be a really happy man.

Go to YouTube, upload the video, copy the URL, post the URL here (literally just paste the URL - don't use the YouTube button in the forum), and you're done.

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
There you go! Looking forward to your build Spaycace.........

·
Spaycace
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I tried to upload the video to youtube from my iphone, but it failed ... THAT'S why I was asking. I'm not that computer illiterate! LOL

Link added to Original Post ... enjoy!

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
I tried to upload the video to youtube from my iphone, but it failed ... THAT'S why I was asking. I'm not that computer illiterate! LOL

Link added to Original Post ... enjoy!
Well see, you should have been more specific! I've never owned an iPhone so I couldn't give you the steps if I wanted to.

You car has a nice lope to it. When are we going to be able to see some TT pictures?

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
Car sounds great as is...... should be a beast when you are through......

·
Spaycace
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I must say ... I'm a little disappointed in the numbers the performance shop told me. Stock was 349 hp, to wheels; Add Solo-Performance Mach Shorty & HF cats, a VCM OTR intake (supposedly good for ~50 ponies w/tune) , and a GMPP cam (which was good for 50 hp at the crank), and they were only able to squeeze out 396 ponies to the wheels. I guess I was hoping for 400 or slightly higher with those mods AND dyno tune, but I guess I'd have to have TB or heads work done to break the 400 barrier. Oh well, I'm sure I'm going to be MORE than happy with the numbers and performance after the TT kit gets installed! I'll get pics up as soon as they actually start the project, or I'll have the shop post them as they see fit. (They're finishing up a Vette, and a raptor first). I'm thinking I'll look like this ... :gr_devil: when all is said and done

·
Registered
371 Posts
I must say ... I'm a little disappointed in the numbers the performance shop told me. Stock was 349 hp, to wheels; Add Solo-Performance Mach Shorty & HF cats, a VCM OTR intake (supposedly good for ~50 ponies w/tune) , and a GMPP cam (which was good for 50 hp at the crank), and they were only able to squeeze out 396 ponies to the wheels. I guess I was hoping for 400 or slightly higher with those mods AND dyno tune, but I guess I'd have to have TB or heads work done to break the 400 barrier. Oh well, I'm sure I'm going to be MORE than happy with the numbers and performance after the TT kit gets installed! I'll get pics up as soon as they actually start the project, or I'll have the shop post them as they see fit. (They're finishing up a Vette, and a raptor first). I'm thinking I'll look like this ... :gr_devil: when all is said and done
Those almost sound like GT numbers with those mods! Either way it is still impressive and after the build I'm sure it will be ass whooping impressive.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Spaycace
151 Posts
Is your GXP an auto or manual?
It's a manual ... I wouldn't respect myself if I had an automatic in a vehicle like the GXP! LOL

Nice.
Can you post pics of the turbo kit when you get it back?
I've already contacted the vendor, and hopefully he'll be joining this site soon. I also asked him if he'd be willing to post pics after he gets the project started. If you'd like to see their GTO kit, go to their website and check it out ( http://www.uppcos.com/gallery/gto-pics.htm ) there's lots of pics! I wouldn't expect the GXP kit to be far off the GTO setup. Here's a youtube video as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXnc3pRtRqQ

I'm excited to get my car after watching that video

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
Nice vid.....what is UPP's expectations on power output for your car?

·
Spaycace
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice vid.....what is UPP's expectations on power output for your car?
Well ... without having to do any other mods to deal with the increased power, I'm looking to get 550-600 ponies to the wheels. With other engine/drivetrain upgrades to handle more power, they could easily push above the 800 mark.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
It's a manual ... I wouldn't respect myself if I had an automatic in a vehicle like the GXP! LOL
Funny, I have an auto and have pleny of self respect. Autos are almost always faster. For example, all of the fast CTS-Vs are automatic.

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
The old auto vs. manual debate....... never ends! LOL
I don't think anyone on here will debate which is quicker. It has been proven over and over that the auto G8 is quicker than the manual. I would suspect the OP, like most of us who own the M6, prefer to row our own gears. The debate always seems to center around this miscommunication

·
Spaycace
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Funny, I have an auto and have pleny of self respect. Autos are almost always faster. For example, all of the fast CTS-Vs are automatic.
So ... I guess if a whopping .2 seconds of speed from 0-60 is your ultimate goal, then the automatic is right for you. But why then, do they have to put multiple shifting modes on the automatic transmission. Oddly enough that one of those modes is ... dramatic pause ... Manual mode! Since you seem to know which is faster, which mode of the auto is fastest? I'm merely stating that I bought my GXP for the fun/thrill factor of actually being able to "drive" the car myself. It's funny how more cars in Europe are manuals, but sadly are headed the way of American cars ... to automatics. It is MY opinion that sports cars should be of the "row-your-own" variety so you get a better feel for the car and become a better, more focused driver.

And another thing ... NASCAR, Indy car, dragsters, pretty much every type of race car and/or truck are manual transmissions ... Wonder why that is?

·
Spaycace
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
TT update

Here's an update w/a few photos from the team at Under Pressure Performance. They were originally hoping to put a turbo behind each headlight, but that didn't work out. They've gone with an "under the car" version for fitment. They're also going to offer 2 versions: the standard will be a 58mm and the upgraded version will be a 62mm variety, which is available in traditional journal bearing or also ball bearing turbo versions. Anyway, here's the "mock-up" so far ... they've only got one side fitted since they're still toying around with options on what they'll be able to do.

4/11/2013 added another YouTube video

Attachments

1 - 20 of 111 Posts