Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm looking into summer tires . Not looking for brand name,high end tires and I know that cheaper doesn't always mean crap but then again,most of the time they are . I know you get what you pay for and so I'm not looking for a miracle but looking for them to not wear way to early or have a lot of road noise or anything crazy .
So far I've narrowed it down to three.
1. Falkens which I found for 165 and some change ,also which I have on the car now but they where purchased by previous owner.I have read that they wear kinda fast from other owners ,true ?
2. Hankook v12 which where ten or so bucks more
3. General tires which are 110 bucks ,these where the cheapest. At 110 my expectations are low but hey ,never know .
Anyone have experiences with these brand tires ? Open to suggestion gang. Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm no help with the tires you listed but I tried GY eagles and they sucked not round - things went down the road like basket balls. switched them out for GY assurance style - much better. good luck with your search.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'll keep that in mind .

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I have the Hankooks and they are good.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been researchng online and around my area all day for the hankook and falken.
I might go with hankook,dunn tire is offering 2 hankook v12's at 463 that's out the door with taxes .
Pep boys wanted 850 for four falken 452's out the door with taxes. The catch there is the mail in rebate but not like I won't get the money.
If I go online, I can get the falkens for 388 for two with free shipping and taxes . Catch is I gotta pay for install . The only people I asked so far is pep boys about mounting and balancing tires not from them and it was about 25 a tire . Works out to 433 total and would be the cheapest route saving 30 bucks .
So I've heard the hankook is a little better of a tire ,and for thirty bucks and at a local business ( convenience) it might be worth the extra bucks to go with Dunn and do the hankooks
The greatest deal are for these geneal tires and there at 110 a piece . My concern with those are that there is only one site that offers these tires. Forgot the model but the site was selecttire.com. it makes me wierry that there's only one place that sells the tire . I've been trying to do my shopping and research on and off again today . Got a couple other places to try but its looking like those hankooks will be the winner. Thanks for the reply .

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I settled for the falkens . Got them at 430 taxes and all. Got the deal at a local place and the price beat the internet price for both the falken and hankook. Neither tire offers a mileage warranty,so I figured I'd be rolling the same dice . I had to negotiate for that deal. Originally the same place I went to wanted 560 for the exact same tire and deal . It was worth the hassle cause I saved over a hundred bucks . Hankook was 455 and so it was close . Well safe driving guys

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Hope you have better luck than I did with the Falkens.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks . Me too lol . I've had the car a year and previous owner daily drove it ,so I figured a good two years. That would be fair for the price. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts