Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my wiper motor today n the wipers are still not wiping. When i go to activate the wipers from the cockpit they appear to want to engage but get stuck. All settings ov the wiper speed n all have the same effect a movement ov around aninch then stuck. Could this be an issue not with the motor but the transmission ov the wipers? I didnt inspect the transmission when i was replacing the motor as i was running out ov daylight n had other shtiff goin on as well. I greatly appreciate any n all feedback. I just bought it n cant get it tagged until inspection n cant pass inspection with no wipers!

·
Registered
893 Posts
If the arms on the transmission aren't parallel, the wipers won't move. Check to make sure it's set up correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool man, thank you. Once i read that it clicked n makes alot ov sense in the grandest scheme ov thing's. I didnt get a chance to check yesterday but thats todays priorety after work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Thravson
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing