Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Leatherique is a great product as well. It uses a thick "rejuvenator" oil that you leave on the leather for several hours to dislodge dirt and float it to the surface. The second step is a cleaner called "prestine clean" that leaves the leather soft, supple, and natural feeling. Fairly pricey, but it is the only product I've ever used that can turn hard, dry leather back to like new condition.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
I refinished a set of leather seats in my BMW. Found a spare section of leather folded under the seat and saw the thickness of the dye (paint) was much thicker than the layer of leather underneath. Maybe we should be using paint conditioner, not leather conditioner. I don't know how any conditioner could get through all that paint.
The only leather is the center of the seats...
The rest, pleather.. !

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's true. I use Vinylex on the non-perforated pleather.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
The only leather is the center of the seats...
The rest, pleather.. !

BMW LOVES PLEATHER HAHAHA - the leather seats in a POS Lincoln town car are nicer than a brand new 7 series

The 3 series "leather" is questionable everywhere, and is rough like the leather in our cars....I think its more because BMW is a "sport" luxury brand.

As I said - Lexol is serious stuff - I use it on my furniture also w/ great results, it absorbs into the leather and seems to make it stay more supple for much longer than anything else I've ever tried hands down - that includes zaino, which to me is not much better than a meguiars or mothers product IMO (the leather care stuff that is)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Lexol leather conditioner is phenomenal. Can be found pretty much anywhere, super easy to apply and keeps the leather supple for a long time.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
After a few days the Z10 looks dull again,but has the best leather scented interior ever,to keep the sheen i just use the Z10 onto Lexol, or your choice of leather wipes,and then the sheen remains for weeks
I've used the Z10 on the seats in our G8 twice,and this is the result I got. The seats looked awesome at first,but I really had to lay the Z10 to them to make it look like I got anything on them at all. Both times they looked like they had nothing on them at all after just a few days too. The seats feel and smell great though. MY 2nd time around with the Z10 was earlier this week. I thought the look was going to last longer this time,but no dice.

Time to try something else. This is very uncharacteristic of a Zaino product because the rest of them that I've used have been top-notch.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Try the lexol . I've been happy with it .

·
Registered
52 Posts
I recently switched from Lexol to Chemical Guys pure leather conditioner. Unlike Lexol which is a spray liquid, Chemical Guys is a cream. As a long time happy Lexol user, when I applied the Chemical Guys conditioner I immediately noticed better results.

The leather is much softer & silky smooth (I slide into my seat), there is no greasy feeling and it smells like brand new genuine leather (most people buy it for the scent, based on reviews). I have also used it on my recliners, wallet, Joseph Abboud belts and a dog leash. My 2 year old leather dog leash which I have never conditioned before looks renewed and wrinkle-free after I applied it.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Chemical guy ,hmmm, have to try it one day

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm still going to try Lexol,but I used some Duragloss #201 Vinyl and Leather Dressing on the seats in our G8 last weekend. I got it in a sample pack or Duragloss,and I really like it. My wife loves it too. I haven't looked in the car since last weekend so I don't know if the look of the seats has changed much.

It doesn't smell as good as Zaino Z10,but the seats felt just as good. The Duragloss gave just a little more sheen as well without being overdone.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
I'd still lean with the lexol cleaner but try the chemical guys product as the conditioner. As long as its not priced ridiculously. The lexol cleaner uses warm water during its process which helps to open the pours of the leather. Gonna wait til spring.

·
Registered
52 Posts
No matter what 'brand' you end up using, get both a cleaner AND conditioner for the absolute best results (not the 2-in-1 bottle). If Duragloss is your choice, they make a leather conditioner creme I believe is #221. For my dashboard, vinyl and trim I use Detailers Pro interior protectant. Like the #201 it says you can use it on leather (and I have), but the end result is not as good as if you use a specific leather conditioner.

Between the Chemical Guys leather creme and there 'stripper scent' air freshener product I'm using (yup actual name), every time I open the door on my G8 I think I'm walking in the VIP lounge of Foxy Lady but no women show up to take my money.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
No matter what 'brand' you end up using, get both a cleaner AND conditioner for the absolute best results (not the 2-in-1 bottle). If Duragloss is your choice, they make a leather conditioner creme I believe is #221. For my dashboard, vinyl and trim I use Detailers Pro interior protectant. Like the #201 it says you can use it on leather (and I have), but the end result is not as good as if you use a specific leather conditioner.

Between the Chemical Guys leather creme and there 'stripper scent' air freshener product I'm using (yup actual name), every time I open the door on my G8 I think I'm walking in the VIP lounge of Foxy Lady but no women show up to take my money.
You can't hardly beat Duragloss. Great products,and especially for the money!

That Stripper Scent cracks me up every time I see it mentioned!

I've just been using Megs Quick Interior Detailer on my dash and panels. because it was free. My wife loves the look of it,and I do too. I would like to try something with just a little more sheen sometime though. I've heard good things about DP products on the 'net.

·
8, 8, 8 is great
51 Posts
I've heard of great things from leatherique. It's worked well on old, weathered leather. You'll be happy in 15 years if the g8 doesnt have real leather. Leather doesnt wear well unless youre diligent about conditioning. I've been in an '88 e30 with mint leatherette interior.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts