Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking of putting the camaro zl1 exhaust on my g8 gt. Anyone did this mod and how did it turn out? Any clips

·
Registered
845 Posts
Have you ever been under a 5th gen? A zl1 exhaust and a g8 exhaust are nothing alike. Is it doable? Sure.. but why would you

·
Registered
845 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
May have stuck my foot in my mouth because that sounds pretty good lol. You go ahead sir

·
OGOC Member
136 Posts
That car def sounds cammed for 1. And how much will the zl1 exhaust cost you? The are suitable g8 performance exhausts that will meet your needs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brand new zl1 exhaust was donated to me so it cost me nothing and yes that car is cammed. It will still be nice though. I have a cam and supercharger for my G8

·
Registered
845 Posts
My biggest conern would be how it looks cosmetically. In the video you can see the mufflers aren't tucked under the car. correctly. I bet that guys dragging his mufflers on steeper inclines

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
the zl1 exhaust is nothing big , same as the 1LE and dual mode SS's

i was going to but it to much custom work to make it work , and alot of hatchet work on the muffler outlets , since their mufflers are on a angle , and ours are lined up front to back

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh hey thats my car :grin2:

that sounds killer!
Thank you!

That car def sounds cammed for 1. And how much will the zl1 exhaust cost you? The are suitable g8 performance exhausts that will meet your needs
Yes my car is for sure cammed.

My biggest conern would be how it looks cosmetically. In the video you can see the mufflers aren't tucked under the car. correctly. I bet that guys dragging his mufflers on steeper inclines
In the year that the exhaust has been on the car it has only been scraped once on a RIDICULOUSLY steep driveway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
you got pics of the fab work and installation?
I do not have any pictures. we had to modify the pipes leading to the mufflers so that they would clear just right. i love them but i am unsure if i will be using them coming up being i am going turbo.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Quick question - does anyone know if the Z/28 exhaust is similar to/the same as the ZL1? I've driven a '14 Z and the exhaust is so raw and throaty sounding, but has a bit of a dual-volume from what I remember.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quick question - does anyone know if the Z/28 exhaust is similar to/the same as the ZL1? I've driven a '14 Z and the exhaust is so raw and throaty sounding, but has a bit of a dual-volume from what I remember.
dont for sure quote me on this but they route the same and im almost positive they are bi-mode

1 - 15 of 15 Posts