Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Still waiting for a chance to install this thing! The weather has been cold & rainy and my shop is booked with other projects atm......

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
:popcorn2:. Any projected installation date/time frame?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
It's in! Currently Installed with 5 bolts for now. Had to run to the hardware store to grab some clamps for the vacuum hoses and two 130mm bolts. The 200mm bolts I ordered are perfect with the 12mm spacers. I'll have to remove or drill a hole in the cowell to install the far rear bolt at some point. The car idles and runs really great & feels very smooth. There's also more growl to the engine note. There 'might' be a 'slight' loss of low end torque BUT the torque curve feels more even. I couldn't hit red line around town so I can't give a full assessment just yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Well it's been over a month. Here's the rundown:
I haven't noticed a definitive power increase. (Headers might change that)
There is a 'very' slight loss of low end torque.
I can't tell if the MPGs have improved due to the cold weather.
The best things about the CPR6 Manifold are the way it looks and the way it sounds.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Would would sell the cpr6 and the overkill throttle body?

Hey man thanks for the interest. I am looking to sell the car as a whole. It's still my daily driver and the CPR6 + Larger Throttlebody combo make it a nicer car to commute in (also the 3.27 diff pairs beautifully with the CPR6). I have a set of 6mm intake spacers that I'll be paring with the existing 12mm ones. Should be just enough space .....hopefully lol!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts